Saturday 14 September 2013

First swim of the season

Its heating up quickly in central west NSW. My son and daughter went for an early swim to celebrate early spring. Inspired by the swimsuit sewing in the northern hemisphere over summer (our winter)in the last few months I had a mad urge to sew swimsuits here at the wombat hole. While it was less than 10 degrees outside I could be seen happily applying clear elastic and working out what on earth negative ease is. The following is one of 4 swimsuits that I finished and finally! it is warm enough to try them out.
Kwik Sew

The fabric is lycra from a local sewing shop and the pattern is Kwik- Sew which I downloaded from the internet from Sewingpatterns.com. I used my overlocker to attach the elastic and then folded it over and used a zig -zag. It turned out neat and stretchy. Eliza put the sprinkler under the trampoline, swam in out pool and played under the sprinkler and the swimmers stayed up and looked comfy. I was a little concerns about the fabric being see through but it was fine.

 


3 comments:

  1. Oh, it is just getting cold here. Love that fabric and the suit looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that fabric and I think I own that pattern but have never even opened it! I think it may be time to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG my first comments. Thank you! I have the motivation now to post more sewing.

    ReplyDelete